PLEASE NOTE: This calculator is for informational purposes only. You need to confirm your dosage with your MUTIAN rep before starting treatment to be covered under their guarantee! Please make sure and read information about MUTIAN’s guarantee below the calculator.
Below is a simple calculator for figuring out your MUTIAN Capsule dosage for your kitty. The first question is for your kitties weight, enter that and then select “Lbs” or “Kg” from the second dropdown for what system your cat’s weight was measured in. Question three is the type of FIP your kitty has. Boxes 4-6 show how many of each capsule per capsule type you’ll need to give your kitty each day. Box seven shows the total number of capsules per day (regardless of concentration) and Box eight shows the total daily MG’s you’ll be giving based on the types of capsules. In the bottom box there is a lot of useful estimating info (daily cost, treatment cost, number of pills by box needed).
**As of 12/01/19 MUTAIN no longer offers their guarantee on Neurological FIP or FeLV cats!**
Because of this new stipulation in their guarantee I DO NOT suggest you use MUTIAN for treating your cat. There are more cost effective options available, Aggie was given an injectable called “Andy’s” that is no longer in production, but you can see most of the current brands in the calculator for liquid injections.
This was posted to the FIP Warriors FB Group on 12/28/19:
There are a lot of questions and misunderstandings about the Mutian guarantee. Here are the rules and regulations so that all are on one page and there will be no more speculation.
- Use Mutian the entire 84 days of treatment, and no mixing with others brand.
- Update the current weight and how the cat is doing to your Mutian rep. And following the mutian rep’s instructions to adjust the dosage . The guarantee is declared invalid when the owner refuses to follow our treatment and or instructions.
- Be a member of the “FIP Treatment using Mutian” if on Facebook
- Neurological FIP and FeLV cats are not covered by the guarantee. (as of December 1st, 2019)
- Blood tests needed CBC and Chem panel
a. Prior to starting Mutian treatment
b. At 6 weeks treating with Mutian
c. After 11 weeks of treatment with Mutian so the results are back before day 84. This allows time for the admins to discuss with Mutian vets and make a decision.
- Prior to stopping Mutian
a. Send one of the Mutian admins of our Facebook group a copy of your cats CBC, Chem panel and ultrasound or X-Ray.
b. Wait to hear back from our admin before stopping Mutian.
- If you feel your cat is relapsing
a. Reach out to one of the admins of the Mutian group
b. Provide updated CBC, Chem panel and Ultrasound or X-Ray
c. Along with the following information
• Type: dry or wet
• Ocular lesions: yes or no
• Neurological symptoms: yes or no
• Date of start:
• Date of birth:
• Weight: Before and after treatment
• Medical History
If you have any questions or concerns about your treatment on Mutian you need to address these with a Mutian Facebook group admin. These admins are specialized in Mutian and have access to the Mutian vets and specialist as well.